Okeford United 2 - 2 Wareham Rangers

Okeford secured their first point of the season in a closely fought game at home to Wareham Rangers.  Wareham, coming off the back of a 5-2 win against Upwey and Broadwey in their opening game of the season, took an early lead with a shot from the edge of the area sneaking into the bottom corner on 10 minutes.  After a slow start, Okeford soon got a foothold in the game as a cross from Matthew Jordan on the left was diverted into the bottom corner by Ben Chaffey for his first goal of the campaign.

The remainder of the first half was a fairly even contest, with both teams creating a few half chances.   But with half time approaching, Wareham struck.  A cross from the left was flicked on and headed off the line, only for the rebound to fall straight to the Wareham striker to head in.

The second half saw Okeford begin to dominate the game, putting a lot of pressure on the Wareham back four.  Halfway through the second half, this endeavour was rewarded with the home team winning a penalty following a handball in the box.  The penalty was calmly converted by Oliver Chaffey.  Okeford continued to press for the winner.  Doug Nelson came closest of all, his shot rebounded off of the bar after a good attacking run beginning on the half way line, and Tim Westlake’s volley went narrowly wide with 10 minutes to go.  Despite a dominating second half, Wareham nearly took home all three points, and only a save from Martin Adlem and a couple of clearances off the line by Chris Cole in a goalmouth scramble prevented this.

Okeford will be disappointed with a draw after their second half display, but they will settle for getting their first point of the season against a Wareham side who look like they will be a strong team in the league this season.


GK Martin Adlem  
LB Matt Salisbury  
CB Matt Hewitt  
CB Chris Cole  
RB Ed Thomas  
LM Matt Jordan  
CM Olly Chaffey   
CM Daniel Jordan  
RM Doug Nelson  
ST Tim Westlake  
ST Ben Chaffey  (Jamie Parsons) 70mins
Sub Jamie Parsons